Events open to non-TACS Members
Saturday 5th October, 2013 10.00-4.00PM. Antique Tile Fair in Nottingham. £4.00 Open to non-TACS Members BRING BUY SELL OR SWAP The fair will be held at St. Jude's Church Hall, Mapperley, Nottingham NG3 5HE. Once again the Annual Tile Fair will be held under the direction of Mike Blood. St Jude's is one mile north from the city centre on the B684 Woodborough Road off the A60 or from the A60 Sherwood up Mapperly Hall Drive past mini roundabout to T Junction - turn left to St. Jude's 50 yards on left. NB Dealers need to book tables at the usual cost of £40
Events for TACS Members Only
- 9th March, private guided tour of the fabulous Grade I listed Victorian Gothic Rochdale Town Hall. and St John the Baptist RC Church with its Eric Newton mosaics, and also a look at some tiled pubs and 20th c murals.
- 14th June - Tile Study Day at the V&A, London, 2-4pm. An introduction to the new ceramics galleries and then a behind-the-scenes visit to see some of the V&A tile collection. NB spaces are limited
- 22nd June – Visit to the Ashmolean Museum, Oxford to view their tile collection, 11am. An introduction to the collection at the Ashmolean Museum followed by an afternoon tile tour. NB spaces are limited
- 6th July – TACS AGM and visit to Jackfield Tile Museum. The Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust, Telford. The day will feature a Members Forum where members will have an opportunity to discuss their tile collections or show slides (or digital images) of these. Displays of tiles will also be encouraged. To round off the day there will a short presentation on the progress of the Heritage Lottery funded ‘The Potteries Tile Trail’. For those intending to stay for the weekend, a free pass has been arranged which will permit entry to the brilliantly revamped museum on Sunday.
- 21st and 22nd September – Open House London. A self-guided tour of London’s buildings, places and neighbourhoods. Every September is a unique opportunity to get out and explore London’s amazing architecture, with over 700 buildings of all kinds opening their doors to everyone, all for free. TACS will provide a list of recommendations from the Open House Guide book and suggested meeting points for TACS members throughout the weekend via email before the event.
- 5th October - Antique Tile Fair, See above for details.
- 11th October - British Ceramics Biennial, 11am. A tour of the Award exhibition at the Potteries Museum and an afternoon visit to the British Ceramics Biennial at the Spode Site. NB spaces are limited
A Booking form was sent out to members with Glazed Expressions #71 in May. Information (maps, directions etc.) will be sent out after payment and two weeks in advance of each event by the individual organisers of each event.
Previous TACS Events
- TACS Events 2012
- TACS Events 2011
- TACS Events 2010
- TACS Events 2009
- TACS Events 2008
- TACS Events 2007
- TACS Events 2006
- TACS Events 2005
TACS events are generally open to TACS members only and can only be applied for using the appropriate TACS events booking form.
Participation in events is at your own risk, and TACS accepts no liability of any kind whatsoever, howsoever arising. TACS reserves the right to cancel, alter or postpone events.